Connect with us

NEWS

Trump Just Got Slapped With a Lawsuit For Ending DACA

Published

on

In court papers filed in San Francisco federal court Monday, Six “Dreamers” — immigrants brought into the country illegally as children — are suing the Trump administration over President Trump’s decision to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, Reuters reported Monday.

The lawsuit is the first to be brought against the administration by recipients of the program. Several states have joined together to file a massive lawsuit to block Trump from stopping the program, and the University of California is also suing over the move. DACA provided its recipients with work permits and protection from deportation.

Two of the Dreamers suing Trump are Dulce Garcia, a San Diego attorney, and Jirayut “New” Latthivongskorn, a fourth-year medical student at the University of California San Francisco.

According to Reuters, the plaintiffs are alleging that the Trump administration didn’t follow proper administrative procedures when deciding to end the program and that officials violated due process by revoking an enforcement promise.

Latthivongskorn, who was brought to the U.S. from Thailand when he was 9, told Reuters that he might not be able to carry out his medical residency in a few months if he’s unable to work legally.

“I have all these big ideas about how I want to change the world and change systems around health care,” Latthivongskorn said. “The fact I might not be able to get there is troubling and frustrating.”

Trump is ending the program with a six-month window, saying it gives Congress the opportunity to pass legislation to extend the protections for undocumented immigrants brought to the US as minors.

Trump and Democratic leaders appeared to reach an agreement last week about moving forward on DACA legislation, with Democrats pushing for Congress to pass a bill restoring DACA-like protections. But experts are skeptical of any deal reached with President Trump.

Click to comment

NEWS

‘I can’t In Good Countenance Continue To Show This’: Fox News Cut Away From Trump’s Press Sec. For Pushing Baseless Claims Of Election Fraud

Published

on

Fox News anchor Neil Cavuto on Monday cut away from a press briefing featuring Kayleigh McEnany, who is both the White House press secretary and a Trump campaign spokesperson, as she continued to push Donald Trump’s baseless claims of election fraud.

“She’s charging the other side as welcoming fraud and illegal voting. Unless she has more details to back that up, I can’t in good countenance continue to show you this,” Cavuto said as he cut off the press conference, pushing back on what he described as “explosive” charges from McEnany.

“Not so fast,” Cavuto added.

McEnany suggested, without evidence, that Democrats welcomed “fraud” and “illegal voting” in the 2020 election.

“We want every legal vote to be counted,” McEnany said, echoing President Donald Trump’s unsubstantiated claim that votes for President-elect Joe Biden were illegal.

Though multiple major news outlets, including Fox News, have declared Biden the projected winner of the 2020 election, Trump has refused to concede and is rejecting the results, claiming that he won the election.

Meanwhile, a number of world leaders have congratulated Biden on his victory, including UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Even before the end of voting on November 3, the president repeatedly signaled he would claim the election was “rigged” against him if he lost, but there is no evidence to substantiate such claims.

Watch Nei Cavuto’s segment below:

Continue Reading
Advertisement