Connect with us

Crime

Trump Sought Deal To Build a Trump Tower In Moscow While He Ran For President: Report

Published

on

In a new development that is sure to add more fuel to the Russia investigation, the Washington Post reported on Sunday that Donald Trump was pursuing a plan to develop a Trump Tower in Moscow while he was running for president in late 2015 and early 2016.

During the negotiations, a Russian-born real estate developer urged Trump to come to Moscow to tout the proposal and suggested that he could get President Vladimir Putin to say “great things” about Trump, according to several people who have been briefed on his correspondence.

Two of the people with knowledge of the exchange told The Post that the developer, Felix Sater, predicted in a November 2015 email that he and Trump Organization leaders would soon be celebrating — both one of the biggest residential projects in real estate history and Donald Trump’s election as president.

Sater wrote to Trump Organization Executive Vice President Michael Cohen, “something to the effect of, ‘Can you believe two guys from Brooklyn are going to elect a president?’ ” said one person briefed on the email exchange. Sater emigrated from what was then the Soviet Union when he was 6 and grew up in Brooklyn.

The details of the deal, which have not previously been disclosed, provide evidence that Trump’s business was actively pursuing significant commercial interests in Russia at the same time he was campaigning to be president — and in a position to determine U.S.-Russia relations.

The new details from the emails, which are scheduled to be turned over to congressional investigators soon, also point to the likelihood of additional contacts between Russia-connected individuals and Trump associates during his presidential bid.

White House officials declined to comment on the report.

This article first appeared on Politicaldig.com. Published with permission.

Click to comment

Crime

Trump Is Officially Under Investigation For Fraud By The NY District Attorney: NYT

Published

on

The Manhattan district attorney’s office is “investigating President Donald Trump and his company for bank and insurance fraud,” the New York Times reported Monday.

According to The Times, “the office of the district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., made the disclosure in a new federal court filing arguing Mr. Trump should have to comply with its subpoena seeking eight years of his personal and corporate tax returns.”

“The reports, including investigations into the president’s wealth and an article on the congressional testimony of his former lawyer and fixer, Michael D. Cohen, said that the president may have illegally inflated his net worth and the value of his properties to lenders and insurers. Lawyers for Mr. Trump have said he did nothing wrong.”

The newspaper also reported that Trump has asked a judge to declare the subpoena invalid.

The news comes less than a month after the Supreme Court, in a major ruling on the limits of presidential power, cleared the way for Mr. Vance’s prosecutors to seek Mr. Trump’s financial records.

The Times also noted that the investigation is a “significantly broader inquiry than the prosecutors have acknowledged in the past.”

You can read the entire report on The News York Times.

Continue Reading