Connect with us

NEWS

House Of Cards Crumbling: Another Republican Just Decided To Quit Over Trump’s ‘Disastrous Presidency’

Published

on

Most high-level political analysts will tell you that it’s generally bad news for a political party when popular incumbents are retiring because they are openly sick of the president only nine months into his term. Well, that is exactly what’s happening in the Republican party.

Another GOP lawmaker, Michigan Rep. Dave Trott, announced this week that he will not be running for re-election in 2018. Trott, who won his 2016 race by nearly 13 points, is in his second term in the House and is only 56 years old, so it’s not like he’s getting too old for the job. He is, however, the guy who reportedly told Donald Trump to his face in July that his administration was a disaster.

Trott was one of the first sitting Michigan Republicans to endorse Trump during the 2016 cycle and supported the president’s controversial ban on travelers from several majority-Muslim countries. But he has also criticized Trump for being soft on Russia and was outright dismissive of POTUS’s embarrassing response to the white-supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia:

Trott is the third Republican to have announced that he’s not running for re-election over Donald Trump’s chaotic presidency in the past week. He joins Washington’s Dave Reichert and Pennsylvania’s Charlie Dent. Florida Republican Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, also no fan of the president, made the same decision in May.

The obvious concern here for the GOP, as Political Dig reported last week, is that these announcements could set off “a flood of moderate Republicans retiring because they don’t want to have to defend Trump and deal with their far right colleagues anymore.” Such a wave could help Democrats retake the House in 2018.

Click to comment

NEWS

‘I can’t In Good Countenance Continue To Show This’: Fox News Cut Away From Trump’s Press Sec. For Pushing Baseless Claims Of Election Fraud

Published

on

Fox News anchor Neil Cavuto on Monday cut away from a press briefing featuring Kayleigh McEnany, who is both the White House press secretary and a Trump campaign spokesperson, as she continued to push Donald Trump’s baseless claims of election fraud.

“She’s charging the other side as welcoming fraud and illegal voting. Unless she has more details to back that up, I can’t in good countenance continue to show you this,” Cavuto said as he cut off the press conference, pushing back on what he described as “explosive” charges from McEnany.

“Not so fast,” Cavuto added.

McEnany suggested, without evidence, that Democrats welcomed “fraud” and “illegal voting” in the 2020 election.

“We want every legal vote to be counted,” McEnany said, echoing President Donald Trump’s unsubstantiated claim that votes for President-elect Joe Biden were illegal.

Though multiple major news outlets, including Fox News, have declared Biden the projected winner of the 2020 election, Trump has refused to concede and is rejecting the results, claiming that he won the election.

Meanwhile, a number of world leaders have congratulated Biden on his victory, including UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Even before the end of voting on November 3, the president repeatedly signaled he would claim the election was “rigged” against him if he lost, but there is no evidence to substantiate such claims.

Watch Nei Cavuto’s segment below:

Continue Reading
Advertisement